MIIYU AND WELCOME
The Pauma Band of Luiseño Indians and our ancestors have lived in the Pauma Valley and surrounding area since time immemorial. Our ancestors are buried here, we raise our children here, and this is where our future generations will continue to live and prosper.
UPDATED – 07.07.20 STATE OF EMERGENCY (PHASE 2)
Please be advised the Tribal Council has set forth the “Emergency Declaration for Reservation Closure.” This declaration encompasses three phases. On July 7, 2020, The Pauma Band of Mission Indians Council has voted to move into Phase 2.
•Additional metal barricades will be added to the Security Checkpoint in a serpentine type formation to slow and control traffic entering and exiting the reservation.
• Anyone that appears ill will be denied access to the reservation.
• A metal barricade will be placed at the tribal admin parking lot. Only essential employees will be allowed on property.
• Guests and non-residents will be denied access, except for immediate family members such as parents and siblings.
• Police Officers will continue to park Police vehicles in open view to show Police presence.
• Reservation access points, gates, and roadways will be monitored by Police Officers to ensure the safety of the reservation and keep it secure.
• Special attention will be applied to tribal resources such water tanks, wells, wastewater treatment, construction and maintenance equipment, administrative buildings, groves, Yuima tracks 1, 2, and 3, Ellis Ranch, and tribal farms.
• Police Officers will make every effort to monitor the metal barricades in place and assist Security Checkpoint Officers with incoming and outgoing traffic.
• Police Officers will keep in contact with casino security and supervisors to provide extra patrol as needed.
• Security Checkpoint Officers will provide tribal members with information to keep them updated of our directive as it is provided by the tribal council and administration.
View the full release at the following link: Pauma Band of Mission Indians Emergency Declaration for Reservation Closure
Corona Virus Live Tracker:
Symptoms of coronavirus:
San Diego County updates:
City of San Diego COVID-19 Hotline:
For health or testing related questions, contact your healthcare provider. For general questions about COVID-19, information about community resources, or if you are uninsured, call 2-1-1 San Diego.
San Diego County Text updates:
Text COSD COVID19 to 468-311 to get text alert updates.
San Diego County’s Coronavirus Website:
Local Print News Sources:
San Diego Broadcast News Updates:
Updated 05.21.2020Latest news on Pauma: Valley Center News: Casino Pauma to remain temporarily closed Press Enterprise: Casino Pauma holds off on reopening adhering to Gov. Newsom’s Request
Fox News: Casino Pauma to remain closed
KUSI covid-19 updates: KUSI UPDATES
San Diego County DAILY updates: SAN DIEGO COUNTY DAILY UPDATES