MIIYU AND WELCOME
The Pauma Band of Luiseño Indians and our ancestors have lived in the Pauma Valley and surrounding area since time immemorial. Our ancestors are buried here, we raise our children here, and this is where our future generations will continue to live and prosper.
Upcoming Community Events
- Sunday, September 20 2020 – Pauma General Council Meeting (postponed from September 13).
- Saturday, September 19, 2020 – COVID-19 Drive Thru, LOCATION: Indian Health Bldg., Rincon, 9am-2pm. Click here to see flyer.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 – COVID-19 Drive Thru, LOCATION: Pala Administration Bldg., 9am-2pm. Click here to see flyer.
UPDATED – 08.10.20 STATE OF EMERGENCY (PHASE 1)
Please be advised the Tribal Council has set forth the “Emergency Declaration for Reservation Closure.” This declaration encompasses three phases. On August 10, 2020, The Pauma Band of Mission Indians Council has voted to return to Phase 1, the lowest level of emergency.
•One metal barricade is at the checkpoint. It is not blocking traffic entering or leaving the reservation. It is drawing the attention of tribal members and visitors because we are receiving many calls asking why it is there.
• Police Officers and Security Officers are equipped with sanitary gloves and N95 masks. They will be worn with any public contact until further notice.
• Visitors that appear ill are being turned away and not allowed on the reservation.
• Tribal members and visitors are being advised of heightened security measures. They are also being informed of a possible reservation closure.
• Fire Chief Hawk and I will continue to stay in contact to evaluate our current situation.
• Police vehicles will be placed in various public areas to show Police presence.
• Non-essential vendors will not be allowed access to the reservation. They will be allowed to make deliveries to the Security Checkpoint and can be distributed from there.
View the full release at the following link: Pauma Band of Mission Indians Emergency Declaration for Reservation Closure
Corona Virus Live Tracker:
Symptoms of coronavirus:
San Diego County updates:
City of San Diego COVID-19 Hotline:
For health or testing related questions, contact your healthcare provider. For general questions about COVID-19, information about community resources, or if you are uninsured, call 2-1-1 San Diego.
San Diego County Text updates:
Text COSD COVID19 to 468-311 to get text alert updates.
San Diego County’s Coronavirus Website:
Local Print News Sources:
San Diego Broadcast News Updates:Latest news on Pauma: Valley Center News: Casino Pauma to remain temporarily closed Press Enterprise: Casino Pauma holds off on reopening adhering to Gov. Newsom’s Request
Fox News: Casino Pauma to remain closed
KUSI covid-19 updates: KUSI UPDATES
San Diego County DAILY updates: SAN DIEGO COUNTY DAILY UPDATES