The Pauma Youth Program is dedicated to changing the lives of Pauma tribal youth through providing a safe, structured and caring learning environment. The program seeks to cultivate the character traits of honesty, respect, and responsibility through providing meaningful interaction and role modeling. Our goal is to provide our youth with the skills and resources needed to grow and develop into productive members of Pauma tribal society.
Youth Advisory Group
The Tribal Youth Advisory Group is made up of tribally appointed members of the Pauma Band of Luiseño Indians. These individuals work with outside resources on and off reservation in creating opportunities for Pauma youth.
Youth Program Services
The Tribal Youth Program offers a variety of services to meet the individual needs of our youth. Key services include:
- Education (Public Schools, GED, Community College)
- Vocational Training
- Individual, Family and Group counseling
- Life Skill Training – (Anger Management, Conflict Resolution)
- Independent Living Skills
- Native American Programming – (Awareness & Participation)
- Medical, Dental, and Mental Health Services
- Community Volunteers, etc.
- Tribal Unity: Peers
- Leadership/Tribal Government
Participating tribal youth are encouraged to express their own goals and how they will accomplish them.